When it comes to skin care, it’s true facial skin gets the lion’s share of attention — even when it comes to sun protection and anti-aging. There’s definitely a sea change brewing, and we believe the future of skincare…is full body.
As our largest organ, it’s critical to have a full body skin care routine that keeps your skin hydrated, exfoliated, and protected. Not sure what you need before summer hits? Follow our four-step body care routine for glowing skin!
First, What is Exfoliation?
Exfoliation is a critical step in your body care routine. It removes dead skin cells on the top layer of the epidermis using a physical or chemical exfoliating ingredient and an emollient. The American Academy of Dermatology breaks down all things exfoliation really nicely, but generally, exfoliating has two major benefits:
- Removes dull or dry top layer of skin to reveal glowy, healthy skin beneath
- Encourages healthy cell turnover
- Allows for better penetration of lotions and serums, so your skin gets the most out of the products you’re using
Four Step Body Care Routine for Glowing Skin
Step 1: Noticing
We lead busy lives, and often we don’t notice the slight changes that occur day-to-day in our bodies. This might be a freckle you never noticed, or waking up with a sore neck from sleeping on it all wrong.
Before you embark on any body care routine, have at least one shower or self-care session each month where you simply “notice” what’s going on with your body.
A few ideas for noticing your body:
- Grab a mirror and take a look at your freckles and moles (and don’t forget to schedule a yearly skin check even if nothing looks “off” to you)
- Do your monthly breast self-exam in the shower
- Take note of how you’re feeling lately. Are you sore or aching anywhere? Any unexplained or sudden pains?
- Peek at your skincare shelf and throw out any expired products (or, god forbid, makeup from 2012)
Step 2: Exfoliation
Once you’re done noticing and taking stock, you’re ready to start your full body care routine with some light exfoliation. We’re not talking microplastic beads, alcohols, or harsh rubbing. Gentle exfoliation is the name of the game, but if you want a satisfying, manual exfoliator, opt for a body brush or dry brush.
Here are our tips for full body exfoliation:
- Less is more. It’s better to exfoliate less frequently to avoid irritating the skin. For sensitive skin, exfoliate no more than weekly. If you have oily or combo skin, you might want to up that number. Ultimately, choose what feels right for you!
- There are two types of exfoliation — chemical and physical. Chemical exfoliants are your alpha and beta hydroxy acids, which can be a great option for those with body acne. They typically come in body washes and lotions rather than a traditional scrub. Physical exfoliants are your brushes, scrubs, and towels!
- If at home exfoliating isn’t your thing, opt for a seasonal spa treatment to prep the skin instead
- Be gentle! An intense physical scrubbing isn’t always the best thing for your skin. If you’re dry brushing or using a towel, try to imagine you’re at a spa. If you need to complete the mood, light a candle or grab a fluffy robe
Step 3: Hydration
After exfoliating, you’ll probably feel like a newborn baby from head-to-toe. Why not continue that feeling for as long as possible with the help of a hydrating lotion or cream?
The hydrating step of your body care routine is something you can do every time you take a shower, or as needed. You’ll likely need to lotion up more frequently in the winter, especially for dryness-prone areas like feet, elbows, and knees.
When it comes to choosing a hydrating lotion, look for ingredients similar to what you’d find in your favorite daily facial moisturizer — hyaluronic acid, ceramides, glycerin, squalane, etc. These will penetrate the skin barrier to hydrate more deeply. Most lotion formulas also include an emollient like shea butter, argan oil, and coconut oil or occlusives like petrolatum to lock in hydration.
Step 4: Protection
Finally, no body care routine is complete without sun protection. You didn’t think we were going to skip sunscreen, were you?? We put together an ultimate guide to sunscreen to answer all your Q’s about sun protection.
The important thing about sun protection? It’s not JUST for your face and neck! A body care routine that protects skin from UVA and UVB rays has myriad benefits, like:
- Combats signs of aging caused by sun damage
- Prevents sunburn
- Protects sensitive skin, especially if you use a chemical exfoliating product on your face or body
We’re big fans of simplicity at Covey. That’s why we believe a 4-step full body skin care routine and an easy, compatible 3-step daily skincare routine will change your life!
REAL AND EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL CASTER TO BRING BACK EX LOVER URGENTLY. CALL OR WHATSAPP +1(424)-261-8520 2022 / 2023
I hear how people are talking about The powerful spell caster called Dr Larry in regard of how he bring back ex lover and helping them get married to their dream lover and i also contact him to help me cast a spell in regard of my ex lover whom i love so much that left me 2yrs ago, but today my ex is back to me and we are happily married with 3kids and i am so much happy for the help i found in you Dr Larry. My family and I are very much happy and we are living large now, i am grateful and appreciate your good work of spell casting. Thank you and may you live long to help people in problems. His email is firstname.lastname@example.org call or whatsapp +1(424)-261-8520 Website: http://assurancesolutioncenter.website2.me/ facebook page https://www.facebook.com/assurancesolutionhome/
Hi, did you know there are spells to win love back from an ex. I have done it. I love reading about relationships and how to make them work, how to better the relationship, and how to keep the spark alive, even how to talk to them a certain way to get them to think a different way about the situation and you. If you need advice or want to win your ex back, try DR EMU copy and message on the following ( Email: email@example.com ) or ( WhatsApp: +2347012841542 ) It will change your mentality and get you what you want. Facebook page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple- 104891335203341
DR. OGAGA IS THE BEST SPELL CASTER ONLINE WHO RESTORED MY BROKEN RELATIONSHIP AND I HIGHLY RECOMMENDS DR. OGAGA ANYONE IN NEED OF HELP! WHATSAPP +2347059387282
My husband left me for another woman 12 months ago and ever since then my life have been filled with pains sorrow and heart break because he was my first love whom I have spent my entire life with. A friend of mine told me he saw some testimonies of a spell caster called Dr Ogaga that he can bring back lover within some few days, i laugh it out and said i am not interested but because of the love my friend had for me, she consulted the great spell caster on my behalf and to my greatest surprise after 2 days my husband called me for the very first time after 12 months that he is missing me and that he is so sorry for every thing he made me went through. back to me and now we are happy together. I still can’t believe it, because it highly unbelievable. Thank you Dr Ogaga for bringing back my lover and also to my lovely friend who interceded on my behalf, for any one who might need the help of this great spell caster here is the email address
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/drogagalovespell
Very good points you wrote here. Great stuff…I think you’ve made some truly interesting points. Keep up the good work.